Things To Do
There are many local adventures nearby!
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Park: This park offers swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving opportunities. You can also surf or fish from the shoreline. It's a great place to observe wildlife as well.
- National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum: This is a museum dedicated to the history of the Navy's Underwater Demolition Teams and the SEALs. It's an excellent choice if you're interested in military history.
- Pepper Park Beach: A picturesque beach located nearby, it's ideal for a day of swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: If you're interested in art, you might enjoy this museum that houses a collection of works by A.E. Backus and other Florida artists.
- Downtown Fort Pierce: Fort Pierce has a historic downtown area with shops, restaurants, and galleries. There's also a farmer's market on Saturdays.
- Manatee Observation and Education Center: Depending on the season, you may be able to observe manatees here. The center offers educational exhibits about local wildlife and ecosystems.
- Heathcote Botanical Gardens: This beautiful garden contains a collection of subtropical and tropical plants. The Japanese Garden and Reflection Garden are particularly worth visiting.
- St. Lucie County Aquarium: This small aquarium features local marine life and a model of a living coral reef.
- Water Sports: Look for local businesses that rent out equipment or offer lessons for water sports such as paddleboarding, surfing, or kiteboarding.
- Fishing Charters: There are many businesses in the area that offer fishing charters. If you're interested in fishing, this could be a great way to spend a day.
Local Attractions (www.allthingstreasurecoast.com)
Saturday Farmers Market
Amazing Seafood Restaurants
Harbor Town Marina
Bacchus Art Gallery
Seven Gables House
Jack Island Nature Preserve
Ft. Pierce Inlet State Park
PGA Golf Club
Ocean Villages Golf Course
Indian Hills Golf Course
Fairwinds Golf Course
Deep Sea Fishing
Florida Dolphin Watch
Save the Chimps
Elephant Rescue Preserve
Deep Sea Fishing
Lisa’s Kayaks Rentals
Vero Fashion Outlets
Heathcote Botanical Gardens
Mets Spring Training
Smithsonian Marine Eco-Systems
Jungle Eco Cruise
Sunrise Theater for Concerts